Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's a new year!

Happy 2014, everyone! It's a brand new year and it's going to be awesome!

I've been doing a lot of fun sewing lately including most of the Christmas presents I gave to friends and family. Here are a few of the things that I made for my mama (whose pot holders are holy and falling apart).


For my pot holders I started with this tutorial from My Girl Thursday. I actually used Insul-Bright for my batting, but I also bought some plain cotton batting that I'd like to play around with as well.


If you've got fabric scraps and just can't bear to throw them away (like me), this is a great project. Plus it's super fun to put different print combinations together. Mix and match! Go a little crazy!


Add these little pot holders to the new pots and pans we gave my mama and she's ready to cook!

1 comment:

  1. I do love these. I got some cotton bat today at Joann. My first pot holders will be for Julie's birthday.

    ReplyDelete