- Cut fabric into two squares or rectangles making sure they are the same size.
- Serge or sew the bottom together. A zig-zag stitch works just fine if you don't have a serger. You can also sew the layers with the right sides together if you want the seam on the inside.
- Serge or sew the sides together.
- Serge or sew the top of the bag (just to finish -- don't sew the two pieces together or you will have a flat pillow instead of a little bag).
- Stuff bag with something delightful.
- Tie a string around the top of the bag to close it.
- Give it to someone!