Friday, January 13, 2012

Bevy of beauty supplies

I just got my Birchbox box today and it inspired me to write this post.

I love love love beauty products (make-up, skin care, hair stuff, you name it). I also love samples -- they are so cute and little and useful. So it's no surprise that I fell in love with Birchbox. Birchbox is a subscription service that sends you a nifty box of deluxe beauty samples every month. If you like any of the samples it's super easy to buy the full size product online.

I'm addicted to a couple of the products already.

Jouer Lip Enhancer is magical. It's super creamy (not sticky), has a hint of pink, and doesn't have an icky taste. It's also supposed to minimize fine lines and do a little plumping. Yay!  


Ok, seriously, this stuff is amazing. Sunday Riley Modern Skincare Juno Transformative Lipid Serum (yeah, it has a super long name) honestly makes my skin glow. Since Baby Jo was born my skin hasn't been a huge priority considering sometimes I'm too tired to even wash my face (don't ask about brushing my teeth). This serum is the perfect fix. It's quite herb-y smelling (according to Nick), but makes me look so dewy that I don't even care. It's expensive ($125 for 30 ml), but you use less than a dime-size amount so it lasts quite a while. It's a total treat. Yippee!

On a sad note, I dropped this bottle the other day and it broke on the bathroom floor. I managed to save at least half of what was left. I will cherish every drop until it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment