Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Year-end reflections

Every so often I look at Nick and say, "Isn't it weird that we have a baby?" It IS so weird though. Last year at this time we were completely child-free -- planning on children, but not for a while. I'll always remember Super Bowl Sunday when Nick couldn't help but blurt out to our friends that we thought I was pregnant. We went through three pregnancy tests before I could shake my state of denial (don't bother with the tests that show you a plus or minus sign, go straight for the ones that actually say "pregnant" or "not pregnant"). And then I cried. I cried a lot at first. Actually, I cried a lot throughout the pregnancy and even after. I'm a crier. But seriously, at the time being pregnant put a major kink in my plans.

And now I sit and watch Johanna fall asleep and I can't imagine my life without her. She's my #1 priority. Hands down. I would do anything for her -- give up anything. Nick and I lay in bed and just look at her sleep. She's so amazing and she can't even do anything yet. She's probably the most-kissed baby in the world. How can I help myself, have you seen her cheeks?

Last year at this time I was getting ready to start rehearsals for a show, drinking whiskey, and spending probably too much money on myself. Funny how quickly things can change. This year I'm actually getting ready to start rehearsals for a show again, I'm not drinking whiskey anymore (hello, breastfeeding), and my spending habits have been cut drastically. And...I'm a mama! That's weird... and by "weird" I mean AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment