Friday, December 23, 2011

She's a brick house!

My darling baby girl weighed in at 14 pounds yesterday and is already 25 inches long at 11 weeks. Our doc said that a good amount of weight gain is 3/4 of an ounce per day. Baby Jo is gaining 1.5 ounces per day. Girl likes to eat.

During the first few weeks after Jo was born, she had a hard time eating and wasn't gaining much weight (even our midwife was a little worried, and she never gets worried). We just kept plugging away. Then the first time she had a weight gain at the doc's I said to her, "Good job, baby girl." To which the doctor replied, "Good job, baby girl? Good job, Mom!" It didn't even hit me that her weight gain had anything to do with me. It's just my body doing its thing, right?

My sister has two adorable kids (although we still call them babies). Her sweet baby boy was a complete chubster when he was tiny, and my sister was so proud. Now I totally understand why.

Check out these cheeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment