Monday, January 21, 2013

Gross? Part 6 (really gross)

Last night Jo pooped in the bath. It's happened before. I guess she just gets so relaxed in the tub that it just happens. Who knows?

Gross, right?

Fortunately Nick and I were both home so I grabbed her out of the tub and Nick said he would start cleaning. (Have I mentioned how much I love this man? Nothing says love more than offering to clean a tub filled with poop.) We're out of paper towels so Nick put on rubber gloves and got a plastic bag. Well, the poop started dissolving and was impossible to even pick up which meant we had to wait for the tub to drain before Nick could clean it.

This is probably really grossing you out right now, right? Just wait.

The drain in our tub has always been slow. You know where this is going by now, right? The drain clogs. It just stops. There is poopy water standing in our tub. We don't want poopy standing water in our tub and it's not going anywhere. So Nick decided to get a plastic cup and scoop out the icky water into the sink so he could at least clean the tub. We stayed out of his way. I felt kind of bad that it was such an ordeal, but he volunteered. 

It sort of makes me want to get a little mesh scooper thing like we had to get for our home birth tub kit. It would certainly make things easier for him in the future.

At least the water that stood in the tub overnight was clean. And the sink, tub, and floor are nice and tidy too. We're still figuring out how to get the drain unclogged. Gross.  

2 comments:

  1. this is so gross! But I giggled the whole way through ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still giggle when I think about it. Gross.

      Delete