Monday, August 19, 2013

Shibori + kimono top = super cute

 I tried photographing my shibori results, but just plain fabric doesn't look as great as finished garments...at least that's my opinion. Plus I have new patterns that I'm trying out. So I whipped up this little kimono for Jo.

I'm pretty excited about the fabric. I even washed it after I made it and nothing bled! Woohoo!

Jo likes wearing Nick's bike helmet.
She also likes bananas.
Then she wanted to pose with the little child form. I don't know if you can see it, but she has her arm around the mannequin.
So there you go.

Later addition to post: I don't think I mention it here, but I hand-dyed the fabric myself. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Bergen! How do you fasten the kimono top? Is there an inside button too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sigrid! There is a tie on the inside too. I like the tie better than a button since you can adjust for different size babies. :)

      Delete