After being home with my mama for a week I realized that there are phrases that we use that no one else does -- family phrases -- like our own language.
Here are a few:
1. a big piece of meat like a roast.
2. a hunk of meat.
3. always served with potatoes.
1. to play around with water, usually in the sink.
2. generally annoying: Quit sussing!
1. sweet creamer we put in coffee, coffee goog, hazelnut is my fave: Do we have any coffee goog?
2. a mix of cream and sugar if we don't have pre-made sweet creamy stuff.
1. googy coffee: coffee that has had goog added: I would like some googy coffee, please.
1. to goog the coffee: Do you want me to goog up the coffee?
Mama, Sarri, Liv, Geir, Hannah, what else am I missing?