Friday, February 3, 2012

Babies on stage

The show I'm in opened last night. It went really well and it's going to be a super fun run. It made me think of last year when we opened and I was newly pregnant. It was not so fun doing a show during the first trimester since I was exhausted and mega-cranky. But that was Baby Jo's first play ever. She was super tiny, but she was on stage with me.

I also did a show that ran in May of last year when I was closer to 20 weeks. That was Baby Jo's second play and she did marvelously. I think my hormonal up and down even added to my performance.

Whenever I saw a play when I was pregnant Jo seemed to react by kicking. I don't know if it was the lights or various sounds or something else that stimulated her -- I'd like to think she was just learning to love theatre at an early age.

Maybe some day she'll want to do a play again. If not, that's ok too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment