Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mama Friendly Review - The Tasting Room

Now that I'm a mama I'm always aware of how baby/mama/family friendly public places are -- especially restaurants. So after getting kicked out of Hopleaf last week I was a bit hesitant to bring Jo with me to The Tasting Room last night. One of the ladies I was meeting called ahead of time and made sure it was ok, but there was a part of me that didn't believe her. As I walked in with Jo strapped to me I was half expecting to be told, "No children," again. But sure enough, there was no problem at all. Jo was even on her best behavior.

First of all, The Tasting Room has a parking lot, which is amazing. I don't want to have to scour the streets looking for parking with a baby on board. It was 6pm on a Wednesday so the place wasn't crowded at all, which meant that it wasn't too loud. The food we ordered (small plates) was easy to eat with one hand. And no one blinked when Jo was squealing (with delight of course). If they did I certainly didn't see it. 

The only down side was that the sink in the bathroom didn't have a stopper so I couldn't really warm up the bottle I had brought with. Jo did just fine with cold milk. Not a huge deal at all.

My grade: B


No comments:

Post a Comment