Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My new toy

My mama sent me this Clover bias tape maker. I love it. I've been making my own bias tape for all of my sewing projects and it takes so much time to cut and fold and iron and fold again and iron and fold again. This bias tape maker makes it all so much easier.



You can see how nice the single-fold bias tape is that I made (using a lovely print by Lotta Jansdotter). I rarely make the double-fold bias tape because I like to be able to adjust that last fold if I need to while I'm sewing.

The only thing I don't like about this little guy is that it makes both sides of the fold even. I like to have one of the folded sides a bit shorter than the other to make it easier to catch the underside when stitching in the ditch. Maybe there's a trick that I don't know about? If you know, please share. Thankyouverymuchandhaveaniceday.

No comments:

Post a Comment